Re: Status of the API Doc v1.0

Dear all,

I think this initial draft is a good starting point. But there are a
few major things, i am wondering about:

a) what about using interfaces as Victor proposed in [1]?
b) did we choose one of the two possibilities for the API already
(specific vs. common)? AFAIK only a few of us discussed these two
different approaches [2].
c) the datatypes are only "placeholder" for the finite datatypes, or?
Because some of them do not fit their purpose i guess.
d) as Victor already pointed out, WebIDL is in scope of our group, so
we should bring this discussion to an end and use it...

I think we have to discuss this draft more closely in todays telecon.

Best,
Florian

[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-annotation/2009Aug/0007.html
[2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-annotation/2009Sep/0023.html

Am 15.09.2009 um 07:33 schrieb 이원석:

> [...]
> it’s not described by Web IDL. It could be covered later.
> Structure of this is just following the order of properties in the
> summary table[1].
>
> If you have any comment or question, please let me know.
> How about structure of API description clause, categorization of
> API ???
> In addition, we have to take more parameters for API into account.
> Do you have ideas ?
>

> 3. API description
>
> 3.1 API for Descriptive Properties
>
> 3.1.1 Identification Properties Interface
> String ma_getIdentifier();
> String ma_getTitle();
> String ma_getLanguage();
> String ma_getLocator();
>
> RESULT ma_setIdentifier(String id);
> RESULT ma_setTitle(String title);
> RESULT ma_setLanguage(String lang);
> RESULT ma_setLocator(String loc);
>
> 3.1.2 Creation Properties Interface
> List<String> ma_getContributor();
> List<String> ma_getCreator();
> Date ma_getCreateDate();
> String ma_getLocation();
>
> RESULT ma_setContributor(List<String>contributor);
> RESULT ma_setCreator(List<String> creator);
> RESULT ma_setCreateDate(Date createDate);
> RESULT ma_setLocation(String loc);
>
> 3.1.3 Content description Properties Interface
> String ma_getDescription();
> List<String> ma_getKeyword();
> String ma_getGenre();
> String ma_getRating();
>
> RESULT ma_setDescription(String desc)
> RESULT ma_setKeyword(List<String>keyword)
> RESULT ma_setGenre(String genre)
> RESULT ma_setRating(String rating)
>
> 3.1.4 Relational Properties Interface
> String ma_getRelation();
> String ma_getCollection();
>
> RESULT ma_setRelation(String relation);
> RESULT ma_setCollection(String collection);
>
> 3.1.5 Rights Properties Interface
> String ma_getCopyright();
> String ma_getLicense();
>
> RESULT ma_setCopyright(String copyright);
> RESULT ma_setLicense(String license);
>
> 3.1.6 Distribution Properties Interface
> List<String> ma_getPublisher();
> String ma_getTargetAudience();
>
> RESULT ma_setPublisher(List<String> publisher);
> RESULT ma_setTargetAudience(String targetaudi);
>
> 3.1.7 Fragments Properties Interface
> List<String> ma_getFragments();
> List<String> ma_getamedFragments();
>
> RESULT ma_getFragments(List<String> frags);
> RESULT ma_getnamedFragments(List<String> namedfrags);
>

> 3.2 API for Technical Properties
>
> Dimension ma_getFrameSize();
> int ma_getCompression();
> int ma_getDuration();
> String ma_getFormat();
> int ma_getSamplingrate();
> int ma_getFramerate();
> int ma_getBitrate();
> int ma_getNumTracks();
>
> RESULT ma_setFrameSize(Dimension framesize);
> RESULT ma_getCompression(int compression);
> RESULT ma_getDuration(int duration);
> RESULT ma_getFormat(String format);
> RESULT ma_getSamplingrate(int samplingrate);

Dipl. Inf. Florian Stegmaier
University of Passau
Innstr. 43
94032 Passau