RE: Regrets for tomorrow`s Telecon (19.05.09)

> > Finally, would it be an alternative to state that the Media
> > Entity is the
> > abstract concept (representing an object or set of fragments) and the
> > Resource be the actual instance of that entity? (In fact this is the
> > definition of a Resource within MPEG-21)
>
> I agree that this argument makes sense. However, as pointed out, the
> fragments group uses the term "resource", and if we e.g. use a URN with a
> fragment identifier (e.g. to reference a named fragment in a movie without
> referring to a specific version) it is not a resource in the sense of this
> definition.

During a joint session with Media Frag Group (in Barcelona) we introduced "media entity" because we wanted to have a word that could mean either a "resource" or a "representation".

During a telcon after the 3rd F2F, it was argued whether "media entity" was inappropriate. As far as I can recall we decided to keep the expression but try to come up with something better!?

/Joakim