Re: Publishing the Mapping Table (was minutes of 2009-03-10 teleconference)

From: RaphaŽl Troncy <Raphael.Troncy@cwi.nl>
Date: Wed, 18 Mar 2009 12:32:24 +0100
To: Felix Sasaki <felix.sasaki@fh-potsdam.de>
CC: David Singer <singer@apple.com>, "public-media-annotation@w3.org" <public-media-annotation@w3.org>
Dear Felix,

> everything we have done so far, including the mapping table, the toy
> implementations of the API and the formalization example in SKOS etc.,
> are one way mapping, mostly using properties available in XMP as the
> target of the mapping. That is, property A-1 from format A can be mapped
> to property XMP-x. So far I have not seen anybody in the Working Group
> asking for a two way mapping, so I regard this as an unspoken consensus
> that we are working "only" on the one way mapping.

This is *not* exactly true.
In the case of the toy example of a possible mapping formalization in
SKOS, we have a two-ways mapping, since for example, the skos:related
property is owl:symmetric [1]. The skos:mappingRelation might be
reflexive, symmetric too.

   RaphaŽl

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/skos-primer/

--