W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-media-annotation@w3.org > March 2009

[minutes] Media Annotations WG - 17 Mar 2009

From: Thierry Michel <tmichel@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 17 Mar 2009 19:10:14 +0100
Message-ID: <49BFE786.8000000@w3.org>
To: "public-media-annotation@w3.org" <public-media-annotation@w3.org>
All,

The minutes of today's telecon is available for review at:
http://www.w3.org/2009/03/17-mediaann-minutes.html
(and in text format below).
Cheers.

Thierry


    [1]W3C

       [1] http://www.w3.org/

                                - DRAFT -

                       Media Annotations WG minutes

17 Mar 2009

    See also: [2]IRC log

       [2] http://www.w3.org/2009/03/17-mediaann-irc

Attendees

    Present
    Regrets
    Chair
           Joakim

    Scribe
           tmichel

Contents

      * [3]Topics
          1. [4]Agenda review and approval of previous minutes
          2. [5]Selection of scribe for next meeting
          3. [6]action items
          4. [7]Publish of mapping table as it on TR pages and comments
             from W3C team
          5. [8]Results of questionnaire of mapping formats
          6. [9]Call for reviewers on mapping formats
          7. [10]Reviewing the Mapping table and discussion
          8. [11]Toy implementation
      * [12]Summary of Action Items
      _________________________________________________________



    <daniel> Joakim...are you on the phone ?

Agenda review and approval of previous minutes

    <joakim> [13]http://www.w3.org/2009/03/10-mediaann-minutes.html

      [13] http://www.w3.org/2009/03/10-mediaann-minutes.html

    minutes are approuved.

    Reminder : next call will still happen one hour in advance for non
    US.

Selection of scribe for next meeting

    no volunteer ...

    who did not scribe for long time ?

    Chris volunteer because he never scribed !

    Thierry is scribing today.

action items

    [14]http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Annotations/track/actions/open

      [14] http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Annotations/track/actions/open

    <joakim>
    [15]http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Annotations/track/actions/open

      [15] http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Annotations/track/actions/open

    ACTION 43 ?

    <trackbot> Action pending

    I could not understanf Felix ...

    ACTION 47 still pending

    <trackbot> Action pending

    <fsasaki> thierry, I thought you would take AI 43 over, but maybe I
    misunderstood?

    ACTION 54 to Veronique

    <trackbot> reassigned to Véronique.

    It is possible to reassigne an action

    ACTION 80 posted feed back

    <trackbot> Action pending

    Felix: Might have more information later

    <daniel>
    [16]http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Annotations/track/actions/54 is
    changed to Veronique

      [16] http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Annotations/track/actions/54

    close ACTION 82

    <fsasaki> close ACTION-82

    <trackbot> ACTION-82 Wey to provide mapping for itunes and quicktime
    closed

    close ACTION-85

    <trackbot> ACTION-85 Implement agreed changes in requirements
    document closed

    close ACTION-86

    <trackbot> ACTION-86 Update Excel sheet to support description of
    properties closed

    close ACTION-87

    <trackbot> ACTION-87 And Werner will look into the Google Dataset
    API closed

    close ACTION-89

    <trackbot> ACTION-89 Provide the list of all formats considered in
    the mapping table with the person who did the mapping, leading each
    sub-group closed

    close ACTION-90

    <trackbot> ACTION-90 Re-open the questionnaire and invite people to
    really respond even if they have no preferences, in order to get a
    quorum of responses closed

    close ACTION-91

    <trackbot> ACTION-91 Chase the non-responders closed

    ACTION-92 does someone want to comment ?

    <fsasaki> felix: I will take this over

    Felix will meet someone from Adobe latter today and will report
    latter

Publish of mapping table as it on TR pages and comments from W3C team

    <joakim>
    [17]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-annotation/2009
    Mar/0047.html

      [17] 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-annotation/2009Mar/0047.html

    <daniel>
    [18]http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Annotations/track/actions/92 is
    tossed to Felix

      [18] http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Annotations/track/actions/92

    Thierry: talked to W3C comm Team about publishing the excel table
    (in an HTML format). Ian agreed to published as is.

    <fsasaki>
    [19]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-annotation/2009
    Mar/0062.html

      [19] 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-annotation/2009Mar/0062.html

    <joakim>
    [20]http://dev.w3.org/2008/video/mediaann/mediaont-1.0/mediaont-1.0.
    html

      [20] 
http://dev.w3.org/2008/video/mediaann/mediaont-1.0/mediaont-1.0.html

    Felix: reports about Raphael's email sent today. Raphael agrees to
    publish with conditional remarks. Please read his email

    <veroniqueM> +1 for the publication with the remarks

    <tobias> I read Raphael's mail before - I agree to the comments.
    thus: +1

    Thierry : Now, about the publication of the first draft. Felix has
    edited the spec with a place holder for mapping table:We will have
    an index with a list of formats linking to each format

    Felix: Raphael would like a publication after the F2F in spain.
    ... we could review then the table duringt the F2F

    Thierry: for each format we will have an entry with a link to an
    external file

    Move the deadline for publication after the F2F ?

    <fsasaki> +1

    <wbailer> +1

    <wonsuk> +1

    <tobias> +1

    <daniel> +1

    objection for this schedule ?

    <veroniqueM> +1

    <veroniqueM> no objection :)

    no objection !

    <fsasaki> cool!

    resolution: publish the first draft after the F2F

    <scribe> ACTION: thierry to work on the document to include index of
    format linking to the proper table [recorded in
    [21]http://www.w3.org/2009/03/17-mediaann-minutes.html#action01]

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-93 - Work on the document to include an
    index of format linking to the proper table [on Thierry Michel - due
    2009-03-24].

    <joakim> Web AP WG
    [22]http://dev.w3.org/2006/webapi/MediaObject/publish/

      [22] http://dev.w3.org/2006/webapi/MediaObject/publish/

    <joakim> From the Web AP WG, the media object description: how does
    it relates to our document ?

    would it make sense to add also the interface to the mapping ?

    <tobias> +1 for Wbailer; I guess it would make sense.

    <chris> +1

    <joakim> Will talk about this during the F2F meeting

    ACTION thierry to talk about the liaison with the he Web APs WG

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-94 - Talk about the liaison with the he
    Web APs WG [on Thierry Michel - due 2009-03-24].

    <joakim>
    [23]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-annotation/2009
    Mar/0042.html

      [23] 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-annotation/2009Mar/0042.html

Results of questionnaire of mapping formats

    Second reopen for the questionnaire:

    <joakim>
    [24]http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/42786/Annot-format-survey/results

      [24] http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/42786/Annot-format-survey/results

    Thierry explain his conclusion: see his earlier email

    Let me explain how one can conclude on the 3 questions:

    You take the som of the ranking of the 3 questions:

    the lowest som wins:

    Media RSS 2+1+3= 6

    EXIF 1+5+1= 7

    Youtube 4+2+4= 10

    TV-Anytime 5+7+3=15

    ID3 frames 5+4+7=16

    MPEG-7 =8+6+2= 16

    EBUCore 7+3+8= 19

    <veroniqueM> I missed one part: do we need to pick up one format
    only to start working on? Why not the 5 selected?

    Thierry: This is not a formal vote. just an indicator tool to
    evaluate which formats are of interest to the participants.

    Felix agrees that this not a formal vote to consider as is

    <veroniqueM> my question was about "Now the issues is which format
    do we want to retain?"

    <veroniqueM> you want to focus first on only ONE format?

    We also have to consider the people's implementations. This is an
    important info for considering formats to pick.

    <tobias> agree to Joakim; the industry members are important for the
    group - so we should take their opinion into account.

    Felix: we should ask here what people think about Itunes and QT.

    Felix: let's have a poll about Itunes and QT ...

    Daniel: industry members are important for our group

    <veroniqueM> I have no specific opinion about whether to take into
    account or not Itunes and QT

    Very difficult to hear Daniel ...

    Daniel: should have some kind of guidelines for choosing a format
    ... any suggestions ?

    <daniel> question: format selection is very controversial...so, we
    should have any guideline or criteria for the group

    Felix: we have input from the questionnaire. Also the implementation
    of the format is an important criteria to keep it in or not

    Joakim: but the WG members are not necessary the implementors

    Joakim: The issue is that the QT and Itunes are not in the
    questionnaire. We should give them a chance

    <veroniqueM> +1 to ask the group what they think about these 2
    formats

    <veroniqueM> but we can work on the other formats meanwhile...

    Felix: We should send something to Dave Singer to say that we have
    nothing against QT and Itunes, but these 2 formats were not in the
    mapping table when the Quetionnaire was setup

    ID3 and Itunes seem to overlap

    Thierry: The ranking shows the interest of the participants toward
    these formats.

Call for reviewers on mapping formats

    <joakim>
    [25]http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Annotations/wiki/Format_mapping_
    review

      [25] 
http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Annotations/wiki/Format_mapping_review

    <chris> What is the due date for this review?

    <hui> p17 hui

    Veronique: should we start reviewing formats that will not be kept ?

    <chris> +1 on Tobias' comment

    We should review at least for the publication of the mapping table

    <veroniqueM> yes, Tobias' comment makes sense, +1

    Thierry: we should review all formats for publication then focus on
    the formats we will keep

    Due date for people to put their namer as reviewer challenger : next
    week, for next call.

    http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Annotations/wiki/Format_mapping_revi
    ew

    Due date for people to review the format: 2 weeks, to have input for
    the F2F.

Reviewing the Mapping table and discussion

    <joakim>
    [26]http://dev.w3.org/2008/video/mediaann/mediaont-1.0/mapping_table
    _090223_common.htm

      [26] 
http://dev.w3.org/2008/video/mediaann/mediaont-1.0/mapping_table_090223_common.htm

    <scribe> postponed to the F2F

Toy implementation

    veronique sent a proposal for XMP and Dublin Core in RDF

    will discuss it next week

    rssagent, draft minutes

    <tobias> bye

    <daniel> next call is also the same timezone

Summary of Action Items

    [NEW] ACTION: thierry to work on the document with the proper table
    [recorded in
    [27]http://www.w3.org/2009/03/17-mediaann-minutes.html#action01]

    [End of minutes]
      _________________________________________________________


     Minutes formatted by David Booth's [28]scribe.perl version 1.133
     ([29]CVS log)
     $Date: 2009/03/17 18:04:40 $
      _________________________________________________________

      [28] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
      [29] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

    [Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.133  of Date: 2008/01/18 18:48:51
Check for newer version at [30]http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002
/scribe/

      [30] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: RRSAgent_Text_Format (score 1.00)

Succeeded: s/latter/later/
Succeeded: s/wants /want /
Succeeded: s/Larry/someone from Adobe/
No ScribeNick specified.  Guessing ScribeNick: tmichel
Inferring Scribes: tmichel

WARNING: No "Present: ... " found!
Possibly Present: Felix P1 P17 P4 P5 Thierry VrijeUni aabb aacc aadd ch
ris daniel fsasaki hui joakim tmichel tobias trackbot veroniqueM wbaile
r wonsuk
You can indicate people for the Present list like this:
         <dbooth> Present: dbooth jonathan mary
         <dbooth> Present+ amy


WARNING: No meeting title found!
You should specify the meeting title like this:
<dbooth> Meeting: Weekly Baking Club Meeting

Got date from IRC log name: 17 Mar 2009
Guessing minutes URL: [31]http://www.w3.org/2009/03/17-mediaann-minutes
.html
People with action items: thierry

      [31] http://www.w3.org/2009/03/17-mediaann-minutes.html

WARNING: Input appears to use implicit continuation lines.
You may need the "-implicitContinuations" option.

    End of [32]scribe.perl diagnostic output]

      [32] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
Received on Tuesday, 17 March 2009 18:10:30 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Tuesday, 17 March 2009 18:10:31 GMT