W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-media-annotation@w3.org > March 2009

Re: W3C MAWG meeting agenda, 2009-03-10 (unsigned!) - regrets

From: Felix Sasaki <felix.sasaki@fh-potsdam.de>
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2009 06:18:32 +0900
Message-ID: <ba4134970903091418x32568039nfad045c61f6ffa1e@mail.gmail.com>
To: Tobias Bürger <tobias.buerger@sti2.at>
Cc: Joakim Söderberg <joakim.soderberg@ericsson.com>, public-media-annotation@w3.org
2009/3/9 Tobias Bürger <tobias.buerger@sti2.at>

> Dear Joakim, all,
>
> my regrets for the next telecon because I will be traveling at that time on
> Tuesday.
>
> Regarding point [c]: Veronique and myself are currently looking for an RDF
> Schema of XMP to ease our work (see my previous mail from today). If we will
> not find one, we probably create one by ourselves. After that we start with
> our "toy implementation".


page 59-60 of
http://www.adobe.com/devnet/xmp/pdfs/XMPSpecificationPart2.pdf
contains some RDF in XML examples, not a schema, but maybe helpful in terms
of checking "we don't want to do something different than that".
also,
http://www.adobe.com/devnet/xmp/pdfs/XMPSpecificationPart1.pdf
 contains a section "Canonical representations as RDF", see also the section
"RDF issues", which describes (also) unsupported features of the usage of
RDF for XMP.

How do you expect your schema to relate to the canonical representation of
XMP, and how do you expect the "RDF issues" to be solved?

Felix




>
> Regarding point [b] (iii): If the group decides to have this kind-of group
> review of the mappings you may put me in some reviewing groups if you like.
>
> Also for [b] (iii) I am still on stand by to start working on the
> publishable version of the mapping, so any progress information and time
> line for that would be very much appreciated.


@ Joakim and Thierry: IIRC Tobais needs CVS access for that on the
dev.w3.org server, to edit the XMLSPEC. For the timeline I think we proposed
a date last or two telecons ago, no?


>
>
> I wish you a fruitful telecon!
>
> Best regards,
>
> Tobias
>
> Joakim Söderberg wrote:
>
>>
>> Dear MAWGs,
>>
>> Here is the agenda for next telcon!
>>
>> 'See you' on Tuesday!
>>
>> *===================================================================*
>>
>> *Tuesday, 10 March 13:00-14:00 UTC*
>>
>> *===================================================================*
>>
>> * **Zakim General Information*
>>
>> _
>> http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?month=03&day=10&year=20_<
>> http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?month=03&day=10&year=20
>> >
>>
>> 09&hour=13&min=00&sec=0&p1=0
>>
>> _http://www.w3.org/Guide/1998/08/teleconference-calendar.html#s_3261_
>>
>> Bridge US: +1-617-761-6200 (Zakim)
>>
>> Bridge FR: +33.4.89.06.34.99
>>
>> Bridge UK: +44.117.370.6152
>>
>> Conference code : 6294 (spells "MAWG")
>>
>> Duration : 60 minutes
>>
>> -------------------------------------------------------------------
>>
>> IRC channel : #mediaann on irc.w3.org:6665 W3C IRC Web Client :
>>
>> _http://www.w3.org/2001/01/cgi-irc_ (Other clients are listed at
>>
>> _http://www.w3.org/Project/IRC/#Client_)
>>
>> Zakim information : _http://www.w3.org/2002/01/UsingZakim_
>>
>> Zakim bridge monitor : _http://www.w3.org/1998/12/bridge/Zakim.html_
>>
>> Zakim IRC bot : _http://www.w3.org/2001/12/zakim-irc-bot.html_
>>
>>
>> *===================================================================*
>>
>> *AGENDA*
>>
>>
>> *[1] Administratives*
>>
>> Chair: Joakim
>>
>> Scribe: Thierry
>>
>> Regrets: none yet.
>>
>> [a] Agenda review and approval of previous minutes telecon 03 March 2009
>>
>> Propose to accept:  _http://www.w3.org/2009/03/03-mediaann-minutes.html_as
>>
>> minutes of the last meeting, thanks to Veronique for scribing.
>>
>> [b] Selection of scribe for next meeting
>>
>> Scribe list: _http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Annotations/admin.html_
>>
>> [c] Schedule for the next call on 17.3. 2009 (still every Tuesday, 13:00
>>
>> UTC)
>>
>>
>>
>> *[2] Items*
>>
>>
>> [a] Action items
>>
>> Please give us the status of your Action Item. We will go through the list
>>
>> _http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Annotations/track/actions/open_
>>
>> _
>> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-annotation/2009Mar/0011..htm_
>>
>> l
>>
>> [b] Use case and requirements document status (Thierry | Raphael)
>>
>> _
>> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-annotation/2009Mar/0011..htm_
>>
>> l
>>
>> [b] Mapping of formats
>>
>> i) We have made them available from the MAWG Homepage:
>>
>> _
>> http://dev.w3.org/2008/video/mediaann/mediaont-1.0/mapping_table_090223_comm_
>>
>> on.htm
>>
>> _
>> http://dev.w3.org/2008/video/mediaann/mediaont-1.0/mapping_table_090223_comm_
>>
>> on.xls
>>
>> iii) Present Survey of Mapping Formats (Thierry)
>>
>> ii) Reviewing the mapping table:
>>
>> - Werner found that the 4 types of relations sufficient for semantics.
>>
>> - Tobias suggests forming small teams in the next telecon to review the
>>
>> mappings
>>
>> => poll on this subject and keep publishing date for March 27
>>
>>
>> As a reminder (again) the initial (probably aggressive milestones) are to
>>
>> publish a FPWD by February 2009.
>>
>> (See Charter section 2.3 Milestones)
>>
>> _http://www.w3.org/2008/01/media-annotations-wg.html_
>>
>>
>> [c] toy implementation
>>
>> Daniel: volunteer for toy implementation?
>>
>> Tobias & Veronique: mapping between XMP and VRA using semantic
>> technologies
>>
>> [d] AOB
>>
>>
>> ---------------------------------------------
>>
>> Joakim Söderberg
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
> --
> _________________________________________________
> Dipl.-Inf. Univ. Tobias Bürger
>
> STI Innsbruck
> University of Innsbruck, Austria
> http://www.sti-innsbruck.at/
> tobias.buerger@sti2.at
> __________________________________________________
>
>
Received on Monday, 9 March 2009 21:28:05 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Monday, 9 March 2009 21:28:06 GMT