Re: Proposal for modifications to the Media Ontology Document

At 13:16  +0200 2/06/09, Veronique Malaise wrote:
>Further it defines semantics-preserving mappings between elements
>from existing formats.
>-> what does "semantics-preserving" mean?

If one system has the tag "principal protagonist" and another the tag
"actor", we can map from the first to the second, but some semantics
are lost.  If we now map back to the first system, the person who was
previously identified as the principal is now just one of many
actors....

even if we don't need this, this problem should be mentioned
somewhere, or it'll keep coming up.

--
David Singer
Multimedia Standards, Apple Inc.