Re: video annotation

From: Jack Jansen <Jack.Jansen@cwi.nl>
Date: Tue, 28 Apr 2009 21:45:20 +0200
Cc: <public-media-fragment@w3.org>, <public-media-annotation@w3.org>
To: Joakim Söderberg <joakim.soderberg@ericsson.com>

On 28 apr 2009, at 16:00, Joakim Söderberg wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I wonder if it is possible to refer to a fragment of a video without
> referring to an actual file?
>
> For example if you want to annotate a scene in the Hollywood movie
> “Nottinghill”.

If you have a URN-scheme that allows this: yes. One such scheme is a
CRID (see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crid, for example), which is
used mainly in the content on TV. I think BBC publish CRIDs for all of
their programs. Or you could use an EAN product code, or an ISBN
number, or any other unique identifier format for which a URN-scheme
exists.
Goldman