W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-media-annotation@w3.org > October 2008

[mediaann minutes] 2008-10-07 telephone conference minutes (DRAFT)

From: Felix Sasaki <fsasaki@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 07 Oct 2008 23:43:23 +0900
Message-ID: <48EB758B.7090309@w3.org>
To: public-media-annotation@w3.org

... are at http://www.w3.org/2008/10/07-mediaann-minutes.html and below 
as text. Could you please check, also the attendance? Thank you.

Felix


[1]W3C

[1] http://www.w3.org/

- DRAFT -

Media Annotations WG

07 Oct 2008

[2]Agenda

[2] 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-annotation/2008Oct/0017.html

See also: [3]IRC log

[3] http://www.w3.org/2008/10/07-mediaann-irc

Attendees

Present
Davy, Werner, Felix, Daniel, raphael, ??P7, Thierry,
Vassilis, Frank, Hui

Regrets
Tobias, Erik

Chair
Daniel

Scribe
wbailer, Werner

Contents

* [4]Topics
1. [5]approval of previous minutes
2. [6]next scribe
3. [7]future telecon / f2f
4. [8]action items
5. [9]editing
6. [10]open issues
7. [11]Use cases to be derived from the thread "Elaborating on
the Video use case"
8. [12]use cases from issues list
* [13]Summary of Action Items
_________________________________________________________

<spark3> Hi Werner, thanks to take a minutes today

approval of previous minutes

<spark3> [14]http://www.w3.org/2008/09/30-mediaann-minutes.html

[14] http://www.w3.org/2008/09/30-mediaann-minutes.html

<raphael> +1 for accepting the minutes

Thierry: self introduction

Thierry will be alternate staff contact

<raphael> Thierry is alternate team contact for the Media Frag WG
too

next scribe

<vassilis> I am connecting now

future telecon / f2f

f2f at tpac: 23-24 Oct

<raphael> it is a wrong copy paste from the Media Frag WG :-)

<raphael> correct dates for this WG is indeed: 23-24/10

2nd f2f 9-10 dec

<fsasaki> I take responsibility for this ;)

next telecon: 14. October, 21:00 UTC

felix and daniel will make draft of agenda for f2f available until
next week

daniel: joint meeting with media fragments?

action items

raphael: possible to attend both WGs f2f meetings at tpac

<fsasaki> +1 to raphael

<scribe> ACTION: Check WG participant mailing list subscription
mechanism to make sure that new participants are subscribed
automatically [recorded in
[15]http://www.w3.org/2008/10/07-mediaann-minutes.html#action01]

<trackbot> Sorry, couldn't find user - Check

action-6 continues

ACTION-7 done

ACTION-9 done

ACTION-10 closed

<trackbot> ACTION-10 Will work on 6084 and 6086 closed

ACTION-11 closed

<fsasaki> close ACTION-7

<trackbot> ACTION-11 Create information in wiki about 6067 closed

<trackbot> ACTION-7 Describe mobile aspects to use cases closed

<fsasaki> close ACTION-8

<trackbot> ACTION-8 Put XG use cases into wiki closed

ACTION-12 closed

<trackbot> ACTION-12 (placeholder for dave) to elaborate 6066 closed

ACTION-13 closed

<trackbot> ACTION-13 (placeholder for dave) to work on 6113 closed

editing

daniel: still looking for volunteers

<thierry> Do we plan to have miulti editors, for multi chapters in
the spec ?

<thierry> Or just one document with one or multi editors

daniel: editing team for all wg deliverables

open issues

<fsasaki> see
[16]http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/42786/formats/results for results
of 6054

[16] http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/42786/formats/results

daniel: going through status of open issues

<spark3> open issue 6065 ?

<fsasaki> 6065 looks like fitting to Use case "Services by using an
unified media annotation"

<spark3> is it a use case as it is ?

joakim: wrote about video case, could be merged into services uc

<fsasaki> +1 to Joakim

joakim: not sure to merge iptv with video use case

<frank> +1 join with video

<vassilis> +1 join with video

agreed on merge iptv with services use case

issue 6083: mm search?

<spark3> use case 6083 multimedia search ?

it's partly covered by 6067

<fsasaki> 6083 was proposed from erik
[17]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-annotation/2008
Sep/0025.html

[17] 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-annotation/2008Sep/0025.html

<frank> it seems to me that 6083 is one of the basic actions - like
adaptation and presentation, that will show up in a few use cases

<spark3> we should drop use case 6083 ?

<frank> Would we need to blacks => basic and applied

felix: keep general use cases that overlap with more specific ones

<frank> I agree on that

<davy> +1

<frank> but perhaps grouping them

vassilis: important and general, vague, agree to keep it

<raphael> +1 for felix: these are dimensions through you can see the
use cases; one dimension is the media (image, video, audio), another
dimension is the use of the annotation (presentation, adaptation,
search)

6083 will be kept

<fsasaki> I agree with vassilis and raphael

6085: keep mm sharing use case?

<spark3> 6085 keep or drop ?

<frank> same a s search, I think, so keep it for the tie being

felix: same as search, keep it

<spark3> 6112 is done

6112: done

<fsasaki>
[18]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-annotation/2008
Sep/0053.html

[18] 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-annotation/2008Sep/0053.html

6112: template + call for contributions from outside wg

<raphael> +1

<frank> +1

<spark3> 6126 Machine readable license data (no text)

<spark3> use case or drop it ?

<fsasaki> Felix: we can prepare the template later, e.g. after the
first WD

<raphael> I did mention the template from the SWD WG:
[19]http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/wiki/UCFormat

[19] http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/wiki/UCFormat

felix: (6112) prepare template for UCs/requirements now?

daniel: prepare later

issue 6126, keep or drop?

felix: detailed definition of license data beyond scope, just slots
for plugging in license information

<raphael> Post on the mailing list go in the same direction that
what Felix said

<spark3> keep use case 6126. any opinion ?

<frank> If we decide for a slot then we can drop it

<raphael> +1 for dropping and agreeing to put a placeholder

<fsasaki> +1 to rapahel

<vassilis> +1

<davy> +1

<hmiao> +1 to rapahel

<cgi-irc> +1

issue 6126 will be dropped and we will have just a placeholder for
machine readable license data

daniel: feel free to contribute to wiki

<spark3>
[20]http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Annotations/wiki/Main_Page#Use_C
ases__and_Requirements

[20] 
http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Annotations/wiki/Main_Page#Use_Cases__and_Requirements

<fsasaki>
[21]http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Annotations/wiki/Use_Cases_&_Req
uirements

[21] 
http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Annotations/wiki/Use_Cases_&_Requirements

felix: updated main page, use cases on separate page

Use cases to be derived from the thread "Elaborating on the Video use
case"

joakim: included in services uc or not?

felix: looked at Microsoft Interactive Media Manager documents, did
not find link to ontology

joakim: has some info locally, will post to list

<raphael> Joakim, can you post the ontology to the list? is it
publicly available ?

<spark3> new use case "Video"

<spark3> new use case "Video" ? any opinion ?

<frank> +1

<raphael> Like Felix said, I made a case for having structured
annotations

<raphael> The WG will design an abstract model, but at some point,
needs to vote for a format for representing this model

<raphael> I would favor RDF

<fsasaki> +1 to RDF

daniel: create new use case "video"

<scribe> ACTION: joakim to add text on video uc [recorded in
[22]http://www.w3.org/2008/10/07-mediaann-minutes.html#action02]

<trackbot> Created ACTION-14 - Add text on video uc [on Joakim
Söderberg - due 2008-10-14].

<raphael> [23]http://www.youtube.com/t/annotations_about

[23] http://www.youtube.com/t/annotations_about

raphael: announcement from youtube for annotation support

daniel: also create uc from mobile?

<scribe> ACTION: joakim to elaborate on mobile uc [recorded in
[24]http://www.w3.org/2008/10/07-mediaann-minutes.html#action03]

<trackbot> Created ACTION-15 - Elaborate on mobile uc [on Joakim
Söderberg - due 2008-10-14].

use cases from issues list

??: service use case - generalise?

felix: does a specific uc have effect on ontology or api?

<VeroniqueM> would it be relevant to separate a list of tasks, that
need models, and use cases that group different tasks?

<fsasaki> felix: maybe keep in mind when you produce a use case /
requirement if it has an effect on the ontology or the API

daniel: ALL: add to requirements list

<spark3> thanks all and bye - Daniel

<fsasaki> thanks werner for scribing

Summary of Action Items

[NEW] ACTION: Check WG participant mailing list subscription
mechanism to make sure that new participants are subscribed
automatically [recorded in
[25]http://www.w3.org/2008/10/07-mediaann-minutes.html#action01]
[NEW] ACTION: joakim to add text on video uc [recorded in
[26]http://www.w3.org/2008/10/07-mediaann-minutes.html#action02]
[NEW] ACTION: joakim to elaborate on mobile uc [recorded in
[27]http://www.w3.org/2008/10/07-mediaann-minutes.html#action03]

[End of minutes]
_________________________________________________________


Minutes formatted by David Booth's [28]scribe.perl version 1.133
([29]CVS log)
$Date: 2008/10/07 14:02:06 $

[28] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
[29] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/
Received on Tuesday, 7 October 2008 14:44:03 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Friday, 10 October 2008 05:33:20 GMT