Re: Proposal for ontology and api structure

Hello Christian, all,

Thank you very much for making us aware of this discussion. I agree that
we should try to be compatible as much as possible. Regarding declaring
a liaison, from the W3C side there is no problem, as long as we don't
have formal requirements on the liaison. Just participate in the
discussions on this list. I don't know about the ISO side though.

Just a few questions below. I have taken a look at
http://www.chiariglione.org/MPEG/working_documents/mpeg-m/pt2.zip
which says
"The APIs are made available to applications by means of MXM Engines.
Each Engine (e.g. the MediaFramework Engine) provides access to a single
MPEG technology (e.g. video coding) or to a group of MPEG technologies
where this is convenient."
Does this mean that this API focuses on interoperabiltiy of MPEG
technologies?

Also, in e.g. sec. 6.8 "Video Metadata Engine APIs" I saw a seperation
in Video Metadata Creation, Video Metadata Editing, Video Metadata
Access and Video Metadata Presentation. Isn't there a lot of overlap to
be expected between these? E.g. for editing I need access.

Felix

Christian Timmerer (ITEC) さんは書きました: