Re: Proposal for ontology and api structure

Dear Felix, all,
   sorry for late reply and I'd like to draw your attention to the
MPEG Extensible Middleware (MXM) which aims to define APIs enabling
applications to access standard multimedia technologies (including
metadata). Note that within this standard we will also produce
reference software which will be available under an open source
license. Requirements, working drafts, and a proposal for the MXM
public license is publicly available under [1].

You may find some parts thereof interesting, especially the APIs
related to metadata for image, audio, video, and content in general.
We may also collaborate (e.g., via liaisons) in order to stay
compatible the one way or the other.

Thank you.
Best regards,
  -Christian