W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-media-annotation@w3.org > December 2008

[mediaann minutes] 2008-12-16 telephone conference minutes (DRAFT)

From: Felix Sasaki <fsasaki@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2008 23:13:20 +0900
Message-ID: <4947B780.6030306@w3.org>
To: "public-media-annotation@w3.org" <public-media-annotation@w3.org>

... are at http://www.w3.org/2008/12/16-mediaann-minutes.html and below 
as text.

Felix


[1]W3C

[1] http://www.w3.org/

- DRAFT -

MAWG

16 Dec 2008

[2]Agenda

[2] 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-annotation/2008Dec/0031.html

See also: [3]IRC log

[3] http://www.w3.org/2008/12/16-mediaann-irc

Attendees

Present
Davy, Wonsuk, Joakim, Tobias, Felix, Werner, Pierre-Antoine,
Thierry

Regrets
Veronique, Raphael, Ruben, Frank, Erik

Chair
Joakim

Scribe
tobias

Contents

* [4]Topics
1. [5]Agenda review and approval of previous minutes
2. [6]action items
3. [7]cultural heritage UC update
4. [8]metadata mapping tables
5. [9]Schedule for UC & Req deliverable
6. [10]MPEG - related mail from Victor
* [11]Summary of Action Items
_________________________________________________________

Agenda review and approval of previous minutes

<joakim> [12]http://www.w3.org/2008/12/09-mediaann-minutes.html

[12] http://www.w3.org/2008/12/09-mediaann-minutes.html

Minutes approved.

Next telecon: 6th of January

<fsasaki> [13]http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Annotations/admin

[13] http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Annotations/admin

<davy> I can scribe

Scribe for the next telecon: Davy

Calling schedule: 13 o'clock UTC every tuesday

action items

<fsasaki>
[14]http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Annotations/track/actions/open

[14] http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Annotations/track/actions/open

<thierry> Now all calls are at 13h00 UTC ?

<thierry> No more late evening calls ( for me)

Felix will ask Raphael to put the MMSEM WIKI contents in the
Mediaann wiki

<fsasaki> close ACTION-22

<trackbot> ACTION-22 Go back to Karen and check about " IPTV
metadata specification" - what is it, is it available for us? closed

<fsasaki> close ACTION-33

<trackbot> ACTION-33 Evaluate if contact to IPTV Japan is valuable
closed

ACTION-43 is still pending

ACTION-44 is still pending

ACTION-45: Joakim had initial talks but has to get more information

<trackbot> ACTION-45 Look at how sony ericsson uses xmp notes added

ACTION-45 is still pending

ACTION-46 is still pending

ACTION-47: Werner had a quick check with colleagues, but needs to
get more information

<trackbot> ACTION-47 And Frank to investiage existing approach for
setting metadata on a "metamodel level" (or "ontology level") notes
added

ACTION-47 is still pending

ACTION-48: Felix will do that on Friday

<trackbot> ACTION-48 Send pointer to media fragments WG for review
of uc&req doc, when it is ready notes added

ACTION-49 is still pending

<fsasaki> close ACTION-50

<trackbot> ACTION-50 and Veronique and Hui to update the CH UC
following the pattern of e.g. 2.6, 2.7 etc. closed

<hui> i've a question about the action 50.

<hui> daniel told me to update recommendation UC. however this
action said CH UC. now the CH UC is updated. shall we update the
recommend uc ?

<hui> sorry i can follow irc today.

ACTION-50: Werner and Veronique chenged the text and sent updates to
Hui to update the requirements document

<trackbot> ACTION-50 and Veronique and Hui to update the CH UC
following the pattern of e.g. 2.6, 2.7 etc. notes added

ACTION-50: Still some discussion is needed (Werner Bailer)

<trackbot> ACTION-50 and Veronique and Hui to update the CH UC
following the pattern of e.g. 2.6, 2.7 etc. notes added

ACTION-51 is still pending

ACTION-52 is still pending

ACTION-53: Joakim had some problems with editing, will be solved
together with Felix

<trackbot> ACTION-53 Revise the introduction, using material from
the "video" UC section notes added

ACTION-53 is still pending

ACTION-54 is still pending; no information available from Frank

ACTION-55 is still pending; no information available from Victor

<fsasaki> close ACTION-56

<trackbot> ACTION-56 Create text for r06-r11 until Monday and send
it to the list closed

<fsasaki> plh = Philippe Le Hegaret

ACTION-57: Question is to publish a working group note or a working
draft (Thierry); Thierry will contact plh and resolve this issue by
tomorrow

<trackbot> ACTION-57 Check with plh how he wants us to move the
requirements document forward notes added

cultural heritage UC update

<wonsuk>
[15]http://dev.w3.org/2008/video/mediaann/mediaont-req/mediaont-req.
html#uc-cultural-heritage-institutions

[15] 
http://dev.w3.org/2008/video/mediaann/mediaont-req/mediaont-req.html#uc-cultural-heritage-institutions

Werner: Archivists typically use a strict vocabulary for annotation
content (thesauri, controlled vocabularies, etc.)
... We should keep this within our vocabulary, i.e. to keep a
reference to the thesauri used.
... This could be a relevant requirement for other use cases, too.
... There should be the option to pointing to an entity and not just
a value.
... Controlled vocabulary for describing content is typically used
to identify a person/location/genre

Felix: One solution could use two fields one to point to an URI, the
second to identify the thesaurus you use.

<fsasaki> choices: 1)string 2) URI only to identify vocabulary and
the part in question 3) string + URI (URI for identifying
vocabularies)

<pchampin> we can have

Felix: The question is: should each of them be possible? If all
would be supported would mean: more freedom for use, but additional
burden on the application;

<pchampin> a string with en embedded URI

<pchampin> e.g.

<pchampin> "Pierre-Antoine <pchampin@liris.cnrs.fr>"

<pchampin> this could be displayed

<pchampin> not of we require

<pchampin> that the URI should be inside < >

<pchampin> applications could not bother

<pchampin> and display the whole string

Felix: There should be a clear way to delimit what is a string and
what an URI

<pchampin> which is reasonably readable

Werner: There should be two fields.

<pchampin> returning a variable type is also harder to cope with

<pchampin> for applications

Felix: We should add this as an additional requirement

<scribe> ACTION: Felix to add this issue as an additional
requirement [recorded in
[16]http://www.w3.org/2008/12/16-mediaann-minutes.html#action01]

<trackbot> Created ACTION-58 - Add this issue as an additional
requirement [on Felix Sasaki - due 2008-12-23].

<pchampin> a json object is basically a list or a dictionary

<pchampin> as a dict, it can contain any key

<pchampin> ok

<scribe> ACTION: Joakim to investigate how the declaration of JSON
could provide a solution for our return object [recorded in
[17]http://www.w3.org/2008/12/16-mediaann-minutes.html#action02]

<trackbot> Created ACTION-59 - Investigate how the declaration of
JSON could provide a solution for our return object [on Joakim
Söderberg - due 2008-12-23].

<fsasaki> tobias: I give just one return value - URI

<scribe> ACTION: Felix to ask Chris about the question of
heterogeneous return values [recorded in
[18]http://www.w3.org/2008/12/16-mediaann-minutes.html#action03]

<trackbot> Created ACTION-60 - Ask Chris about the question of
heterogeneous return values [on Felix Sasaki - due 2008-12-23].

metadata mapping tables

<joakim>
[19]http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Annotations/wiki/Format_mapping

[19] http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Annotations/wiki/Format_mapping

Schedule for UC & Req deliverable

<joakim>
[20]http://dev.w3.org/2008/video/mediaann/mediaont-req/mediaont-req.
html

[20] http://dev.w3.org/2008/video/mediaann/mediaont-req/mediaont-req.html

Felix updated his section, Werner+Veronique updated their sections.

Felix: Tobias has to still send the figure to describe the scope of
the working group

Felix would like to include the figure in the requirements document

ACTION Thierry to request short URI for the requirements document

<trackbot> Created ACTION-61 - Request short URI for the
requirements document [on Thierry Michel - due 2008-12-23].

ACTION Thierry to update the status of the requirements document

<trackbot> Created ACTION-62 - Update the status of the requirements
document [on Thierry Michel - due 2008-12-23].

MPEG - related mail from Victor

Felix: Is unsure about the relation of MXM and the work of our
group.

ACTION Victor to formulate a liason letter for the MPEG MXM group

<trackbot> Sorry, couldn't find user - Victor

<tmichel> I am loosing connectivity ...

ACTION Victor2 to formulate a liason letter for the MPEG MXM group

<trackbot> Sorry, couldn't find user - Victor2

<fsasaki> ACTION: Víctor to formulate a liason letter for the MPEG
MXM group [recorded in
[21]http://www.w3.org/2008/12/16-mediaann-minutes.html#action04]

<trackbot> Created ACTION-63 - Formulate a liason letter for the
MPEG MXM group [on Víctor Rodríguez - due 2008-12-23].

<tmichel> by see you next year ...

<joakim> happy holiday

Summary of Action Items

[NEW] ACTION: Felix to add this issue as an additional requirement
[recorded in
[22]http://www.w3.org/2008/12/16-mediaann-minutes.html#action01]
[NEW] ACTION: Felix to ask Chris about the question of heterogeneous
return values [recorded in
[23]http://www.w3.org/2008/12/16-mediaann-minutes.html#action03]
[NEW] ACTION: Joakim to investigate how the declaration of JSON
could provide a solution for our return object [recorded in
[24]http://www.w3.org/2008/12/16-mediaann-minutes.html#action02]
[NEW] ACTION: Víctor to formulate a liason letter for the MPEG MXM
group [recorded in
[25]http://www.w3.org/2008/12/16-mediaann-minutes.html#action04]

[End of minutes]
_________________________________________________________


Minutes formatted by David Booth's [26]scribe.perl version 1.133
([27]CVS log)
$Date: 2008/12/16 13:53:56 $

[26] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
[27] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/
Received on Tuesday, 16 December 2008 14:14:01 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Tuesday, 16 December 2008 14:14:01 GMT