W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-mathonwebpages@w3.org > May 2017

Fwd: [math-on-web] CG meeting minutes, 2017/04/27 JeanKap

From: Jean Kaplansky <jeankap@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 3 May 2017 11:07:51 -0400
Message-ID: <CAKPaaTqiOEjrwVTorVMjcRudguXhEirdmsM73KqxpOJ25+y_Kg@mail.gmail.com>
To: "public-mathonw." <public-mathonwebpages@w3.org>
Examples from Wiley books? Better to ask Tzviya than Jean.

Jean, however, can take requests for MHE books. What are you guys looking
for specifically?

Thanks,
Jean

*Jean Kaplansky*
Content Architect/Strategist | Technical Account Manager | UI/UX |
Accessibility Analyst | XML, HTML, and CSS Developer |
Instructional Designer
+1.518.930.1068 <(518)%20930-1068>
jeankap@earthlink.net
@jeankaplansky <jeankap@earthlink.net>

On Wed, May 3, 2017 at 9:13 AM, Peter Krautzberger <
peter.krautzberger@mathjax.org> wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> Below are the minutes from the CG meeting last week.
>
> Best,
> Peter.
>
>
> ## mathonweb CG, 2017/04/27
>
> * Present: Peter, Dani, Volker, Charles, John, Sam, Neil
>
> Updates from the a11y TF
>
> * Daniel: back to math role
>   * now feel it's useful, like img but not "... image" but (sometimes)
> "...(math)"
>   * Volker: still concerned about "math"
>     * not general enough for scientific content (e.g., chemistry)
>     * e.g., "equation"
>   * Daniel: agree need for more general
> * Peter: as per last discussion, roledescription seems destined for htat
>   * but "...math" might be more vendor-specific, so we could approach them
>
> * Peter: do you feel ready to discuss with ARIA WG?
>   * coordinate, ask them what we can provide them with, how we might help
> positively shape
>   * Daniel: and simply get to know each other
>   * ACTION Yes
>
> * intro: Sam Dooley
>   * invovled in MML from earliest days
>   * MathWG
>   * Pearson, School Assessment
>   * previously IBM, Netscape plugin techexplorer, turned into math
> equation editor, now JS, used in TestNav Testing platforms
>     * about 30million ContentMathML for high stakes assessment, machine
> scored by automated scoring services
>     * also free responses that are hand coded
>   * recently extended for a11y (Nemeth input&output)
> * intro: Neil Soiffer
>   * used to work on MathPlayer at Design Science
>   * MathWG member
>   * a11y for a long time
>
> * Peter: about role=math problems
>   * TF had thought about this as first step for talking to ARIA
>   * But now suggest to leave it since it can't be changed much
>   * Daniel: in favor of role=math as a good role
>     * and https://www.w3.org/TR/wai-aria-1.1/#aria-roledescription would
> help as well
> * Peter: planned reaching out to ARIA WG for joint call
>   * a11y TF in a good place to start discussion
>   * Daniel: explain what our problems are
>     * e.g., advanced tools for navigating
>
> * Daniel: demo of WIRIS, http://www.wiris.net/demo/edit
> or/tests/en/test.html
>   * JAWS, NVDA, Narrator works; VoiceOver is a problem
>   * uses live regions
>   * preview of speech text in page (both live and complete string)
>   * Volker: ChromeVox were you using the extension or ChromeVox.next?
>   * Charles: are those regions assertive or polite?
>     * => assertive
>   * Daniel: if you test, keep in mind that the live region lives elsewhere
>
> change CG meetings to topic-oriented cycling  (layout, accessibility,
> notation)
>
> * Peter: agenda item: reorganizing meetings
>   * focused themes, cycle through topics we identified last year to bring
> back lurkers
>   * Dani: makes prepping meetings easier, with
>   * John: personal time-limitations would make single meeting easier
>   * Volker: smaller meetings were more productive, focus might bring down
> number of participants
>   * Neil: monday time is too hard for PST, focus is good
>   * => agreed
> * Peter: topic for next meeting
>   * layout, notations
> * Neil: how about human notation/layout that are not currently represented
> on the web
>   * human notations for teaching procedural
>   * Peter: great idea, never seen a survey of that
>   * John: examples from Wiley books might be useful
>   * Peter: ACTION ask Jean
>   * Peter: related: latinreq, https://www.w3.org/TR/dpub-lat
> inreq/#equations
>   * Neil: would be interested in non-US examples
> * Peter: next meeting topic: layout?
>   * => agreed
>
Received on Wednesday, 3 May 2017 15:08:43 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Wednesday, 3 May 2017 15:08:44 UTC