Re: MathML at the next CSS WG F2F meeting

In general I think it's good idea to introduce new CSS features for math
layout and Igalia plans to work with Google on that.

As I already said several times, we should not make the same mistake as
the former Math WG and instead really only propose new native features
when we have a clear specification/implementation/testing plan. In
particular we should have an idea about how it would work in web
engines' internals and be able to discuss with them on this point
(otherwise we are just wasting people's time). This is the rule I've
tried to follow for the MathML Core and for the CSS proposals I linked
in my previous email.

As I said my colleague Manuel Rego is attending the meeting and will do
a short intro. He is familiar with layout implementation in WebKit and
Chromium, so should be able to discuss implementation details with
Google. I am not attending the meeting.

--
Frédéric Wang