Re: para definition, syntax and semantic. Summary

On 26 November 2012 13:53, Joshua Kalis <kalisjoshua@gmail.com> wrote:

> However, semantically speaking, breaking paragraphs with <br /> should not
> be commonplace anyway. Poems are the best example I can think of where this
> actually fits. That being said I don't think that it should be encouraged to
> use the soft break syntax since it is improper and less readable in the MD
> document. When the paragraph above ends at the line-length of all the lines
> above and below then in the MD document the paragraphs are difficult to
> distinguish.

A poem is a good use case.
Current practice makes it hard to avoid the line break / soft break without
really messing up current documents and annoying users.

Multiple para's would look odd.
The classic layout would have less than para level line spacing.

Any suggestions for a future syntax? I can't see how we can deviate
from this and retain any support from users/implementers.

regards

--
Dave Pawson
XSLT XSL-FO FAQ.