Re: para definition, syntax and semantic. Summary

* Dave Pawson <dave.pawson@gmail.com> [2012-11-25 09:35 -0500]:
> On 25 November 2012 10:33, Karl Dubost <karld@opera.com> wrote:
> > Le 23 nov. 2012 à 23:08, Dave Pawson a écrit :
> >> applies with \s\s\n at the end of a line?
> >
> > in JG Spec and in implementations.
>
> Should we define this as inline markup? That's what it appears to
> be...  Though how to specify an output neutral semantic .... Any
> suggestions?

Hrm, inline is how I imagined it would be defined.  It doesn't change
the definition of any of the other pieces of the markup by existing
(AFAICT), and shouldn't cause difficulty in detection (easy to parse).

If you're asking how to define using prose, how about...

"If the last two characters before a line ending are spaces (\s\s), then
a line-break is substituted for those two spaces."

Line-break could then be defined as meaning whatever will cause
following text to continue on the next line.  That should be format
agnostic, as I know those exist in TeX, LaTeX, HTML, XHTML, as well as
others.

Perhaps something like that?

Regards,
--