Re: para definition, syntax and semantic. Summary

Le 26 nov. 2012 à 07:27, David J. Weller-Fahy a écrit :
> "If the last two characters before a line ending are spaces (\s\s), then
> a line-break is substituted for those two spaces."

How it is currently defined in the document we are writing:
http://htmlpreview.github.com/?https://github.com/karlcow/markdown-testsuite/blob/master/markdown-spec.html

for authors

>A line break is a way for authors to break a paragraph in the middle. Authors can use two trailing spaces and a return at the end of a line to insert a line break in a paragraph.

and for parsers

>A line break is created when there are two trailing spaces characters (U+0020) followed by a carriage return CR (U+000D).

It needs:

1. more tests in different circumstances (lists, blockquotes, etc.)
2. better prose. for example a \s\s\n are not triggering a br in headings, among blank lines, etc. So my prose is not perfect.

*pull requests are welcome*

--
Karl Dubost - http://dev.opera.com/
Developer Relations, Opera Software