Re: Current syntax

Sorry Mathias, this list goes to the person rather than the list.
Resent to the list.

On 19 November 2012 15:54, Mathias Bynens <mathias@qiwi.be> wrote:
> On 19 Nov 2012, at 16:48, Dave Pawson <dave.pawson@gmail.com> wrote:
>> http://www.w3.org/community/markdown/wiki/Syntax
>
> Nice work, Dave!
>
> I feel very strongly that the triple-backtick syntax for code fences should be listed somehow (maybe in the “Optional” section). E.g.
>
> ```
> var x = 42;
> ```

That is a block element? Not in Markdown?

> And also:
>
> ```javascript
> var x = 42;
> ```

Same as above?

> The “Preformatted text” section only mentions four-space indents.

Which is all that is mentioned in Markdown? I.e. it is line based.

How about we create a page for extensions, then see what the current
group feel about each one?
I would be happier if we could agree on a minimal set initially, so we
know where to start from,
and the existing MD seems a good place to start?

regards

--
Dave Pawson
XSLT XSL-FO FAQ.