Re: Markdown Group - What set of goals?

On 19 November 2012 16:04, Michael C <m@michaelcullum.com> wrote:
> I'd say, for comparison and interop between convertors, we should probably create technical note regarding the transformation to HTML.

Two scoping issues there Michael.
1. What media are we bringing in scope
2.     Which begs the question is implementation (or expected
transform) in scope

HTML seems the most common output format, indeed MD defines semantics
in terms of expected HTML output.

How would you like to see the transform defined?
A simple table of input to HTML output?

which html? 4.1, 5? XHTML?

I think scope is important. Easier to see where we are going when
scope is clear.

regards

--
Dave Pawson