Re: Prototype Silver SC

Thanks for the suggestion, Wayne. Hold that thought. The Silver groups
are not ready to talk about Silver content. First, Silver has to prove
that it can use more flexible testing in a regulatory environment. There
are members of AGWG that don't think it can be done.  We need examples
that we can show them, so they can accept the Silver Requirements
document.

What I am asking for is examples of ways to test accessibility needs
that don't fit into the WCAG 2.x success criterion testing. I need a
variety of examples, but probably not more than one of each type.  I
thought this proposal from LVTF was a good example of a rubric test. It
could also be a good candidate for an example of a heuristics evaluation
test. Others in LVTF may have better ideas.  You are the experts.

Mostly I need the rough design of the test, so I can write it up and put
it in a prototype for people to see.  In order to explain the test, I
also want some mock-up content so people understand what the context of
the test is.  If Element Level Customization is the way it was worded
when you were working on WCAG 2.1, that means the AGWG members will
understand what the Silver example is, and that they will remember "oh
yeah, we couldn't put this in 2.1 because it wasn't testable and
deferred it to Silver.  Now Silver is showing how it could work with a
different kind of test. Ok, this is good."

The goal is for AGWG (and others) to see that Silver has a basic
structure that will work for  their needs and can include the needs of
PwD that couldn't be addressed by WCAG 2.1.

We will not be working on content until 2019 at the earliest. This is
just a sample to demonstrate that the Silver structure could work.

Thank you for the great discussion. I think it's an interesting example,
regardless of the handle. I like that it is also an example that would
apply to user agents.  If you have an example from the Deferred to
Silver list that isn't a user agent example, that would also be helpful.

Thank you for the example and for contributing to Silver.

jeanne