From: Glenda Sims [mailto:glenda.sims@deque.com]
Sent: Tuesday, March 28, 2017 5:31 PM
To: public-low-vision-a11y-tf
Subject: Worth a LVTF vote? Questions on User Interface Component Contrast (Minimum)

Jim and all the LVTF gang,

I have a suggestion.  I think there would be value in taking a poll/vote on the following questions in relation to Issue 10 User Interface Component Contrast (Minimum)  https://github.com/w3c/wcag21/issues/10

1.        3 to 1 - Should we simplify this proposed SC to just a single color contrast ratio of 3 to 1 (and remove the definition of thicker)?
2.All Controls or Only Custom Controls - Should we make this proposed SC only apply to custom user interface controls (uic) AND work on getting the User Agents to fix the default color contrast on (uic)?
3.All Focus Indicators or Only Custom Focus Indicator - Should we make this SC only apply to custom visual focus indicators AND work on getting the User Agents to fix the default color contrast on visual focus indicators?
4.All Selection Indicators or Only Custom Selection Indicator - Should we make this SC only apply to custom visual selection indicators AND work on getting the User Agents to fix the default color contrast on visual selection indicators?
I'm not even 100% sure what my votes would be.  I keep wavering between...make it simple...versus...the ROI of solving this at the developer level.

Luckily, I'm headed out on vacation (to the Bourbon Trail just outside Louisville) so I'll have plenty of time to think about this.

Cheers,

P.S.  If you do take a vote, I'd like to cast my vote at the end.  As the manager of this SC...I want to remain neutral and listen to what others have to say.

glenda sims    |   team a11y lead   |    deque.com<http://deque.com>    |    512.963.3773

web for everyone. web on everything. -  w3 goals