Re: Survey for Tomorrows Call

Hi Alan,
We talked about your concern a bit on the call. The ACB [1] document seems
to be about minimum requirements for printed materials from a 3rd party.
The Accessibility Requirements for Low Vision Users document, specifically
3.7.1 Printing customized text, is about users being able to customize the
content on the screen to meet their unique needs and print that customized
view.
The goal is that the user can choose the font, weight, leading,
proportionality of headings (etc), alignment, spacing, bullet types,
widow/orphans, page numbering, margins, columns, etc. (as delineated in
various user requirements 3.1 - 3.5) and then print it on the paper color
and weight of their choosing (3.7.1). The user is to be afforded as much
control over the content as stated in our requirements and be able to print
their final best view how ever they want.

If there is some thing missing, we have time to discuss and perhaps add it.
the "final polished" version of the First public working draft is slated to
go to the WCAG working group mid Feb.

Please bring your concerns to the group. Let's make the document better.

Jim

1. http://acb.org/node/750