Re: Please update your resource in the LOD Cloud Diagram

On 6/13/17 8:35 AM, Ruben Verborgh wrote:
> Dear Andrjes and John,
>
> Maybe to complement Jerven's statement:
> as a small-scale publisher (40,000 triples),
> I'm really happy that this opportunity is offered.
> Otherwise, my dataset would just be overlooked.
> For UniProt, the added marketing might be small,
> but for me, it's really a big thing to be part of this.
>
> I understand the arguments about datahub.io,
> and even agree, but still, it's good that there is
> a clear way to be part of the diagram.
>
> And even is it would be based on VoID,
> we'd still need a way to announce new datasets
> through their VoID URLs.
> …perhaps Linked Data Notifications in the future? :-)
>
> Best,
>
> Ruben

Hi Ruben,

I would add:

We could (or even should) be using an acl-protected RDF document that
simply associates a dataset with its VoiD description.

<#someDataset> wrds:describedby <#someVoidDescriptionDoc> .

This would demonstrate practical usage of LDN and other related
Read-Write Web (RWW) tooling.

Founder & CEO
OpenLink Software   (Home Page: http://www.openlinksw.com)

Weblogs (Blogs):