RE: ANN: DBpedia version 2016-10 released

Hello Markus,

On Tuesday, July 04, 2017 10:33 PM, Markus Freudenberg [mailto:markus.freudenberg@gmail.com] wrote:

> This release took us longer than expected. We had to deal with multiple issues and
> included new data. Most notable is the addition of the NIF annotation datasets for each
> language, recording the whole wiki text, its basic structure (sections, titles, paragraphs,
> etc.) and the included text links. We hope that researchers and developers, working on
> NLP-related tasks, will find this addition most rewarding. The DBpedia Open Text
> Extraction Challenge (next deadline Mon 17 July for SEMANTiCS 2017) was introduced
> to instigate new fact extraction based on these datasets.
> We want to thank anyone who has contributed to this release, by adding mappings,
> new datasets, extractors or issue reports, helping us to increase coverage and
> correctness of the released data.  The European Commission and the ALIGNED H2020
> project for funding and general support.
> This release is based on updated Wikipedia dumps dating from October 2016.
> You can download the new DBpedia datasets in N3 / TURTLE serialisation from
> http://wiki.dbpedia.org/downloads-2016-10 or directly here
> http://downloads.dbpedia.org/2016-10/.

Impressive work, thanks for making this available!

Some minor questions and comments:
[..]
> • We added a new extractor for citation data that provides two files:
>   • citation links: linking resources to citations
>   • citation data: trying to get additional data from citations. This is a quite interesting
> dataset but we need help to clean it up

These are really interesting data! Is there a chance you can provide those files not only for the English Wikipedia but also for other languages (e. g. German)?

[...]
> Credits to
[...]
> • Ruben Verborgh from Ghent University – imec for publishing the dataset as Triple
> Pattern Fragments, and imec for sponsoring DBpedia’s Triple Pattern Fragments
> server.

Do you see a possibility to publish the new 2016-10 dataset on http://fragments.dbpedia.org/, too? Or even better, to implement a TPF server with live data similar to the SPARQL endpoint.

Thanks,

Lars

*** Lesen. Hören. Wissen. Deutsche Nationalbibliothek ***
--
Dr. Lars G. Svensson
Deutsche Nationalbibliothek