Re: making our HTML+RDFa queryable

On 1/24/17 1:09 PM, Ruben Verborgh wrote:
>> Personally, I don't think mass crawling is the most useful Linked Data
>> exploitation pattern. Small Smart Data is where I see interesting stuff
>> happening on the client (consumer) side of things.
> Amen to that. Small data is much more interesting.
> We need to enable it.
>
>> There are many agents consuming RDF constructed using Schema.org terms.
> Which ones? And what do they do with these terms?

SEO primarily.

Certainly a good enough incentive with Google support.

> And I mean this as in: let's maintain a list of such clients.
> It's as important as the data.
>
>> Remember, <script/> and the structured data island mechanisms has lead
>> to an explosion of RDF using any combination of JSON-LD, Microdata,
>> RDFa, and even Turtle.
>>
>> The Web Commons Data Report (referenced in my initial response)
>> demonstrates what's out there.
> As happy as I am about that data,
> this is orthogonal to the question of clients:
> how can regular consumers use that small data?
>
> We need other metrics than number of triples
> to define the success of the Semantic Web.

The amount of data published using RDF Language is an important metric.
It trumps zilch, or endless arguments about its manifestation and value
proposition. You have to start somewhere to make progress.

>> Anyway, we agree on client tools. That's a good for now :)
> Certainly. Let's think about maintaining such a list.
> Then we can have yearly reports about clients
> in addition to reports about data. (Both are needed.)
>
> Ruben

Using nanotation, anyone that has developed a tool can simply reply to
this thread :)

{
<#this>
a schema:WebPage ;
schema:name "List of Client Tools for Linked Data Exploitation" ;
schema:dateCreated "2017-01-24"^^xsd:date ;
schema:about
<http://osds.openlinksw.com/#this>, <http://osde.openlinksw.com/#this>,
<http://youid.openlinksw.com/#this>  ;
schema:url <> .

<http://osds.openlinksw.com/#this>
a schema:SoftwareApplication ;
schema:mainEntityOfPage <http://osds.openlinksw.com/> ;
schema:name "OpenLink Structured Data Sniffer" ;
skos:altLabel "OSDS" ;
schema:description """Browser Extension that provides a variety of tools
for interacting with RDF based Linked Data embedded in HTML documents""" ;
schema:isRelatedTo <https://twitter.com/hastag/LinkedData#this>,
dbpedia:Linked_Data, <https://twitter.com/hastag/SemanticWeb#this>,
<https://twitter.com/hastag/SmartAgent#this> ;
schema:creator <http://www.openlinksw.com/#this> ;
schema:publisher <http://www.openlinksw.com/#this> .

<http://osde.openlinksw.com/#this>
a schema:SoftwareApplication ;
schema:mainEntityOfPage <http://osde.openlinksw.com/> ;
schema:name "OpenLink Structured Data Editor" ;
skos:altLabel "OSDE" ;
schema:description """RDF Editor""" ;
schema:isRelatedTo <https://twitter.com/hastag/LinkedData#this>,
dbpedia:Linked_Data, <https://twitter.com/hastag/SemanticWeb#this>,
<https://twitter.com/hastag/SmartAgent#this> ;
schema:creator <http://www.openlinksw.com/#this> ;
schema:publisher <http://www.openlinksw.com/#this> .

<http://youid.openlinksw.com/#this>
a schema:SoftwareApplication ;
schema:mainEntityOfPage <http://youid.openlinksw.com/> ;
schema:name "YouID" ;
schema:description """Browser Extension and Mobile App. that aids Web
Identity & Profiling controlled by end-users""" ;
<https://twitter.com/hastag/WebID#this>,
<https://twitter.com/hastag/WebIDTLS#this> ;
schema:creator <http://www.openlinksw.com/#this> ;
schema:publisher <http://www.openlinksw.com/#this> .