Re: Survey on Faceted Browsers for RDF data ?

Hi Christian,
My PhD student Thiago Nunes is working on something related - a model-based framework for data exploration. You can see a partial description of the work in the same IESD'14 proceedings [1]. It is aimed at a generalization of faceted browsers, i.e. it considers a broader class of exploratory environments, of which faceted browsers are just a particular case.
As part of his work, he has analyzed several environments including faceted ones, in a systematic way that allows comparing functionalities using a reference model. He has covered several of the ones you mention, plus several you didn't include. The survey you mention doesn't include several browsers reported in the literature, including Explorator [2] and RExplorator [3].
In addition, in this evaluation, there is a clear separation between interface functionality and exploration functionalities, each of which require different models, criteria and processes do be used in performing evaluations.
I've asked Thiago to complement this  info with more details.

Cheers
Daniel Schwabe                      Dept. de Informatica, PUC-Rio
Tel:+55-21-3527 1500 r. 4356        R. M. de S. Vicente, 225
Fax: +55-21-3527 1530               Rio de Janeiro, RJ 22453-900, Brasil
http://www.inf.puc-rio.br/~dschwabe
[1] http://ceur-ws.org/Vol-1279/iesd14_6.pdf <http://ceur-ws.org/Vol-1279/iesd14_6.pdf>
[2] http://ceur-ws.org/Vol-538/ldow2009_paper2.pdf; http://www tecweb.inf.puc-rio.br/Explorator.
[3] http://goo.gl/tGHBZW