Re: linked open data and PDF

On 1/19/15 2:36 PM, Larry Masinter wrote:
> I just joined this list. I’m looking to help improve the story for Linked Open Data in PDF, to lift PDF (and other formats) from one-star to five, perhaps using XMP. I’ve found a few hints in the mailing list archive here.
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-lod/2014Oct/0169.html
> but I’m still looking. Any clues, problem statements, sample sites?
>
> Larry
> --
> http://larry.masinter.net

Larry,

Rather than only supporting an XML based notation (i.e., RDF/XML) for
representing RDF triples, it would be nice if one could attain the same
goal (embedded metadata in PDFs) using any RDF notation e.g., N-Triples,
TURTLE, JSON-LD etc..

The above would also include creating an XMP ontology that's represented
in at least TURTLE and JSON-LD notations -- which do have strong usage
across different RDF user & developer profiles.

Naturally, Adobe apps that already process XMP simply need to leverage a
transformation processor (built in-house or acquired) that converts
metadata represented in TURTLE and JSON-LD to RDF/XML (which is what
they currently supports).

Founder & CEO
OpenLink Software
Company Web: http://www.openlinksw.com