Re: linked open data and PDF

I just used Acrobat Pro to look at the XMP metadata for a standards
document (extra credit if you know which one) and saw something like this

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/paulhoule/images/master/MetadataSample.PNG

in this particular case this is fine RDF,  just very little of it because
nobody made an effort to fill it in.  The lack of a title is particularly
annoying when I am reading this document at the gym because it gets lost in
a maze of twisty filenames that all look the same,

I looked at some financial statements and found that some were very well
annotated and some not at all.  Acrobat Pro has a tool that outputs the
data in RDF/XML;  I can't imagine it is hard to get this data out with
third party tools in most cases.

--
Paul Houle
Expert on Freebase, DBpedia, Hadoop and RDF