Re: "Microsoft Access" for RDF?

On 2/19/15 9:07 AM, Paul Houle wrote:
> There are quite a few simple heuristics that will give "good enough"
> results,  consider for instance:
>
> (1) order predicates by alphabetical order (by rdfs:label or by
> localname or the whole URL)
> (2) order predicates by some numerical property given by a custom
> predicate in the schema
> (3) order predicates by the type of the domain alphabetically, and
> then order by the name of the predicates
> (4) work out the partial ordering of types by inheritance so "Person"
> winds up at the top and "Actor" shows up below that
>
> Freebase does something like (4) and that is "good enough".

Yes, but I prefer to order by predicate scoped to a named graph.
Anyway, we are going to release this RDF Editor in open source form.  We
are just ironing out some user flow quirks.

Basically, we looking a something that enables a much more open variant
of OneNote [1]. The first cut won't look as pretty, it's all done in
Javascript and a generic I/O layer (which supports LDP, WebDAV, SPARQL
1.1. Insert, SPARQL Graph Protocol, Dropbox, OneDrive, Google+, Amazon
S3, Box., etc..).

[1] http://www.onenote.com
[2]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=h07qZLLQc4I#t=217
-- for some flow ideas (again, it won't be this pretty, initially, but a
zillion times more open and webby).

Kingsley