Re: How to model valid time of resource properties?

On 2014-10-13 14:32, Michael Brunnbauer wrote:
> re
>
> On Mon, Oct 13, 2014 at 02:14:27PM +0200, John Walker wrote:
>> See this example:
>> http://patterns.dataincubator.org/book/qualified-relation.html
> See also: http://www.w3.org/wiki/PropertyReificationVocabulary

Very interesting! This addition would make the approach of creating a
class for a relationship that needs annotation more attractive.

As Michael kindly pointed out, this could be an answer to my earlier
question about being able to relate an original property
(foaf:based_near for example) to a custom class.

I was struck by this comment from Richard Cyganiak:

"It might be interesting to also add some standard properties that can
be used on a reified instance to denote its temporal scope, e.g. from
when until when the instance is valid. This would provide a fairly
natural and unobstrusive method of reconstructing past states of an RDF
graph."

I find the thought of having standard properties for valid time (one way
or the other) appealing.

I also like to link to http://www.jenitennison.com/blog/node/101,
another good read on the subject.

Regards,