Re: Encoding an incomplete date as xsd:dateTime

On Tue, Jun 24, 2014 at 5:11 PM, Niklas Lindström <lindstream@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Scanning through old messages, I regret to say that I missed your
> resolution of this issue prior to the Note being updated in May. If you
> meant to follow the RFC, the resulting range is still to strict, since RFC
> 6350 says:
>
>     The *default* is a single date-and-or-time value. *It can also be
> reset to a single text value.*
>
> And goes on to list examples:
>
>              BDAY:19960415
>              BDAY:--0415
>              BDAY;19531015T231000Z
>              BDAY;VALUE=text:circa 1800
>
> The second and last values are not allowed according to the OWL, right?
> Perhaps it should be documented somewhere that the vCard ontology is more
> restrictive than the RFC.

Actually, even in the updated ontology definition, the range of vcard:bday
still prohibits a plain xsd:date (i.e., when properly formatted, the first
example). This should definitely be fixed.