Re: Alternative Linked Data principles

Luca, using the existing standards is like agreeing to speak the same language as everyone else. So to illustrate the point, I will give the rest of this reply in Klingon rather than English.

lang nIv'e' motlh yIlo' interoperability 'oHbe' 'e' chaH nIv 'op qIt latlhpu'. 'oH DaSovrup mojpu' lo' chaH.

Pat Hayes

On Apr 28, 2014, at 10:23 AM, Luca Matteis <lmatteis@gmail.com> wrote:

> The current Linked Data principles rely on specific standards and
> protocols such as HTTP, URIs and RDF/SPARQL. Because I think it's
> healthy to look at things from a different prospective, I was
> wondering whether the same idea of a global interlinked database (LOD
> cloud) was portrayed using other principles, perhaps based on
> different protocols and mechanisms.
>
> Thanks,
> Luca

IHMC                                     (850)434 8903 home
40 South Alcaniz St.            (850)202 4416   office
FL 32502                              (850)291 0667   mobile (preferred)