Re: Important Change to HTTP semantics re. hashless URIs

On 3/24/13 2:47 PM, Barry Norton wrote:
> On 24/03/13 18:42, Kingsley Idehen wrote:
>> We need more options to solve this kind of politically-elastic problem.
>
> Right, so you're saying there are motivating applications for this
> solution where existing approaches wouldn't work?
>
> Can you specify them clearly?
>
> Barry

Simple example: any effort struggling with the support of hashless URIs
on the basis of perceived costs of handling 303 responses. The most
recent example is WebID [1].

Links:

1. http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webid/2013Feb/0259.html --
a permathread only second to the HttpRange-14 and Toucan Affair threads.

Founder & CEO
OpenLink Software
Company Web: http://www.openlinksw.com
Twitter/Identi.ca handle: @kidehen