annotations and RDF

From: Matteo Casu <mattecasu@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Feb 2013 10:55:19 +0100
To: public-lod@w3.org, semantic-web@w3.org
Hi everybody,

[my apologies for cross posting -- possibly of interest for both communities]

does anybody could point me to the major pros and cons in using the Annotation Ontology [0] [1] vs. the NLP interchange format in the context of annotating (portions of) literary texts? My impression is that when someone is using UIMA, the integration of AO with Clerezza-UIMA could give more comfort wrt NiF.

[0] http://code.google.com/p/annotation-ontology/
[1] http://www.annotationframework.org/
[2] http://nlp2rdf.org/about