Re: Decommissioning a linked data site

From: Richard Cyganiak <richard@cyganiak.de>
Date: Thu, 31 May 2012 00:12:02 +0100
Cc: "public-lod@w3.org community" <public-lod@w3.org>, "rufus.pollock@okfn.org Pollock" <rufus.pollock@okfn.org>
To: Bradley Allen <bradley.p.allen@gmail.com>
Bradley,

On 30 May 2012, at 23:03, Bradley Allen wrote:
> I'm regret to say that I'd already nuked the CKAN record by the time this email reached me

CKAN doesn't actually nuke things that are deleted, it just hides them from view and they can be restored, which I just did for the t4gm dataset:

http://thedatahub.org/dataset/t4gm-info

Please update the record to reflect the fact that it's now only a “tombstone” for some data that is no longer available.

We also need some way to mark this for the LOD Cloud. How about adopting a new tag “lodcloud.tombstone”?

Thanks,
Richard