Re: See Other

Ah, thanks Kingsley, I think I am beginning to get it.

The intention is that the text link takes you to "explore" this entity in whatever explorer it is embedded.
So http://www.dotac.info/explorer/ or other things such as the iPhone app also use this - hence the fragment.
In fact the Detail web page is just a convenient way of exposing the panel contents for others to use.
Actually as I recall it was deliberate that the link would not take you to the same place as the tiny little icon - we don't have html pages for our Linked Data that are suitable for non-LD people.
In fact, I came close to not having any LD links visible on the page at all.

So the short answer is that the text is not, and is not meant to be, an LD URI.
Nor are the many other links on the page.
Am I understanding correctly?

On 28 Mar 2012, at 22:43, Kingsley Idehen wrote:

> On 3/28/12 1:29 PM, Hugh Glaser wrote:
>> Neither Ian or I have touched that code in 3 or 4 years, so I will need to dig into it.
>> But I don't know what you are asking for.
>> Do I need to add something to the fresnel generation (the Details pane) such what produces
>> http://www.rkbexplorer.com/detail/?uri=http://southampton.rkbexplorer.com/id/person-2f876940347fe251382724b34c27346f-cb9c89b02b078212e440a8016915856a
>> or
>> http://www.rkbexplorer.com/detail/?uri=http://southampton.rkbexplorer.com/id/eprints-12614
>> Or do you want something in the main page?
>> You probably need to explain to me off-list.
>>
>> Best
>> Hugh
>
> Hugh,
>
> I've dropped a note on G+ that includes annotated images. It shows the effects of the links as they currently exist in your Web pages produced via fresnel. I have a sequence showcasing what happens when I scope me Linked URI quest to the icon vs when I do so using the @href that anchors the text "Tim Berners-Lee".
>
> Note: some of my in-lined image comments are also aimed at others who might find what I am doing interesting, so please overlook some of the over emphatic language etc.. I am a firm believer in the Web's hyper-orthogonality prowess :-)
>
> Links:
>
> 1. http://goo.gl/JAO95  -- a Linked Data discovery exercise via our ODE browser extension.
>
> --
>
> Regards,
>
> Kingsley Idehen
> Founder&  CEO
> OpenLink Software
> Twitter/Identi.ca handle: @kidehen

Hugh Glaser,
             Web and Internet Science
             Electronics and Computer Science,
             University of Southampton,
             Southampton SO17 1BJ
Work: +44 23 8059 3670, Fax: +44 23 8059 3045
Mobile: +44 75 9533 4155 , Home: +44 23 8061 5652
http://www.ecs.soton.ac.uk/~hg/