Re: Change Proposal 25 for HttpRange-14

As a friendly amendment, can I suggest you replace

is a current representation of the information resource identified by W

with

is content of the resource identified by W

or however you want to express this. You can try to define "content",
or decide that it doesn't need to be defined, or refer to
http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/awwsw/ir/latest/ , as you prefer, it
doesn't matter much at this point.

Then, also propose deleting the definition of "information resource",
since it won't be needed any more.

The difficulty you need to circumvent somehow is that not everyone
will interpret "representation" to imply content. E.g. there is the
situation in the Document: case where the [nominal] representation
received is not content, which would make for a nominal representation
from a URI that is not a representation of what the URI identifies...
I think that would be confusing. But a possible approach would be to
define "representation" in a way you like and use it instead of
"content" or "instance"; I don't favor this approach but if you can
make it work it's fine.

Jonathan