Fwd: HCLS IG Note on mapping and publishing life sciences RDF

Here is another request for comments before we move the HCLS IG
Interest Group note below into html (still fluid but more viscous). I
am requesting comments from the LOD mailing list now as well, where
there have been several related discussions.

In the draft document below, we attempt to supply a guide for those
who would like to produce and publish data in RDF based on the
experiences of several of the LODD members. We would like you to lend
us your extensive expertise and would very much appreciate and
carefully consider your candid comments, questions or suggestions to
improve the note. Keep in mind that it is not 'all encompassing' but
meant to provide a good starting point.

IG Note (Draft) HCLS IG Note on mapping and publishing life sciences RDF
[1] https://docs.google.com/document/d/1XzdsjCfPylcyOoNtDfAgz15HwRdCD-0e0ixh21_U0y0/edit?hl=en_US

The note above is based on a number of use cases described in an
article accepted to the Journal of Web Semantics. With the publisher's
permission, we have created a more 'W3C Note'-like version of the same
material and edited sections based on a wide range of comments. The
original use cases have been removed. If you are interested, I will
send you a pre-print.

We have attempted to frame the discussion in terms of applications
that make use of SPARQL queries (minimally), but also with (OWL)
reasoning and resolvable URIs - three separate yet interdependent sets
of concerns that seem to strongly influence opinions about appropriate
design in the community.

Note that we also suggest that metadata be made available in
statements about the graph URI *in the graph itself*, in addition to a
location specified in SPARQL-SD, and in the RDF returned by the graph
URI.

Cheers,
Scott