Re: Tools to produce HTML documentation of RDFS / OWL ontologies

On Mon, Feb 27, 2012 at 9:20 PM, Tim rdf <timrdf@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am working on an OWL ontology for the W3C provenance working group, at
> [1].
>
> We'd like to produce something like these examples of "good" HTML
> documentation, such as:
>
> http://open-biomed.sourceforge.net/opmv/ns.html
> http://xmlns.com/foaf/spec/
> http://rdfs.org/sioc/spec/

Hi,

in the foaf documentation there is a grouping of concepts, which is a good
support to understand the content of an ontology (Section "FOAF at a
glance"). Such grouping is also used in

http://musicontology.com/
http://xmlns.notu.be/aair
http://data.semanticweb.org/ns/swc/ontology

We are analyzing this kind of grouping and working on a technique to
automatize this based on the structure of the ontology. Preliminary results
can be found in [1].

Currently, we are working on an extension of SpecGen, so it can create such
groups for the HTML documentation automatically. But this is not finished
yet.

Cheers,
Gökhan

[1] Gökhan Coskun, Mario Rothe, Kia Teymourian, Adrian Paschke: Applying
Community Detection Algorithms on Ontologies for Identifying Concept
Groups, in Proceedings of the Fifth International Workshop (WoMO 2011),
http://www.booksonline.iospress.nl/Content/View.aspx?piid=20373

--
Dipl.-Ing. Gökhan Coskun
AG Corporate Semantic Web