Re: Metadata about single triples

From: David Booth <david@dbooth.org>
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2012 09:51:29 -0500
To: carsten.kessler@uni-muenster.de
Cc: public-lod@w3.org, Chad Hendrix <hendrix@un.org>
On Thu, 2012-02-23 at 13:20 +0100, Carsten Ke├čler wrote:
[ . . . ]
> > In principle, SPARQL 1.1 allows you to specify any number of named
> > graphs to be used in a query, using the "FROM NAMED" syntax.  However,
> > this is not likely to work well when the number of named graphs gets
> > large.
>
> What exactly do you mean by "not likely to work well"? Is there any
> evidence that this is really the case?

I do not have any specific evidence.  I simply meant that SPARQL server
developers probably did not have thousands of "FROM NAMED" clauses in
mind as their primary design target, so you could run into unforeseen
difficulties.  If some SPARQL servers do handle this well, or if someone
has made such measurements, it would be great to hear about them.

--
David Booth, Ph.D.
http://dbooth.org/

reflect those of his employer.