Re: Metadata about single triples

From: Michael Brunnbauer <brunni@netestate.de>
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2012 16:59:33 +0100
To: David Booth <david@dbooth.org>
Cc: carsten.kessler@uni-muenster.de, public-lod@w3.org, Chad Hendrix <hendrix@un.org>

Hello David,

On Thu, Feb 23, 2012 at 09:51:29AM -0500, David Booth wrote:
> I do not have any specific evidence.  I simply meant that SPARQL server
> developers probably did not have thousands of "FROM NAMED" clauses in
> mind as their primary design target, so you could run into unforeseen
> difficulties.  If some SPARQL servers do handle this well, or if someone
> has made such measurements, it would be great to hear about them.

I do not see why you have to name thousands of graphs in the query. Is the
metadata not attached to the named graph with the named graph URI as subject ?

You could query it like this:

select ?s ?p ?o where {
graph ?g1 { ?g <http://xmlns.com/foaf/0.1/maker> <http://www.brunni.de/foaf.rdf#me> }
graph ?g { ?s ?p ?o }
}

This gets all triples from all graphs created by
<http://www.brunni.de/foaf.rdf#me>. The metadata triples do not even have to
be in the same graph.

Did I miss some point in the course of the thread ?

Regards,

Michael Brunnbauer

--
++  Michael Brunnbauer