Re: Metadata about single triples

From: Carsten Ke▀ler <carsten.kessler@uni-muenster.de>
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2012 17:51:50 +0100
To: public-lod@w3.org
Cc: Chad Hendrix <hendrix@un.org>
Hi Bob,

> At a first glance, your ontology looks very interesting and well designed.

thanks, we are doing our best ;)

> So there might be the (rather old) need for
> statement identifiers, i.e., a URI (or maybe also a bnode) for identifying a
> ásingle triple and to be able to describe external context information. You
> can find my proposal at the RDF WG comments mailing list, see [2].

Thanks for these pointers. These ideas all make sense, however, we are
also concerned about the implications in practice, i.e., we have to
make sure that whatever approach we pick is supported by triple
stores. I do see that your proposal of having an identifier makes
sense at a conceptual level, but in practice, does it matter if we end
up with named graphs that may only contain a single triple in some
cases? I don't think it does, but maybe I'm missing something.

Carsten