Re: [Ann] LODStats - Real-time Data Web Statistics

From: Bernard Vatant <bernard.vatant@mondeca.com>
Date: Fri, 3 Feb 2012 11:44:17 +0100
To: Richard Cyganiak <richard@cyganiak.de>
Cc: S÷ren Auer <auer@informatik.uni-leipzig.de>, Linking Open Data <public-lod@w3.org>, pedantic-web@googlegroups.com
Hello Richard

> All in all, almost half of the vocabularies used in LOD are not meeting a
> minimal quality requirement : be published at their namespace.
>
> Now, if there was a list of these, annotated with some stats (used in how
> many datasets? occurring in how many triples?), then we could start at the
> top of the list, and sort it out with the various publishers involved.

Indeed! That's the purpose of what I started in the Gdocs ... I just sent
you edition rights :)

That is a work we have already started with Pierre-Yves inside the LOV
ecosystem : ping the vocabularies curators when they rely on
non-such-reliable namespaces (either their own ones, or the ones of
vocabularise they re-use but don't maintain). The objective being to
augment the overall quality of the vocabulary ecosystem, one vocabulary at
a time :)

It is a patient but important task. You're welcome to participate. It is
actually 80% social and 20% technical :)

Best

Bernard

--
*Bernard Vatant
*

*Mondeca**          **                   *
3 citÚ Nollez 75018 Paris, France
www.mondeca.com
Follow us on Twitter : @mondecanews <http://twitter.com/#%21/mondecanews>