Re: [Ann] LODStats - Real-time Data Web Statistics

Hi Sören, others,

LODStats is certainly great work. Congratulations!

However... is it me, or isn't the 'almost 2B triples' a very
disappointing number? If you go through all datasets advertised on the
Data Hub, the advertised number of triples is over 40B ! This means
that only one out of 20 triples in the linked 'open' data cloud is
publicly accessible.

Another thing... it seems as if LODStats is merely checking whether a
SPARQL endpoint is 'up' and whether the endpoint actually contains the
data that has been advertised on the Data Hub. For instance, my very
own bubble is listed without problems, but I know for a fact that the
triple store no longer contains the data (sorry!). Do you have any
thoughts/ideas on how to detect such problems?

Cheers,
Rinke