Re: Question: Authoritative URIs for Geo locations? Multi-lingual labels?

From: Leigh Dodds <leigh.dodds@talis.com>
Date: Fri, 9 Sep 2011 16:08:31 +0100
To: Kingsley Idehen <kidehen@openlinksw.com>
Cc: public-lod@w3.org
Hi Kingsley,

On 9 September 2011 15:20, Kingsley Idehen <kidehen@openlinksw.com> wrote:
> On 9/9/11 8:58 AM, Leigh Dodds wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> As well as the others already mentioned there's also Yahoo Geoplanet:
>>
>> http://beta.kasabi.com/dataset/yahoo-geoplanet
>>
>> This has multi-lingual labels and is cross-linked to the Ordnance
>> Survey data, Dbpedia, but that could be improved.
>>
>> As for a list, there are currently 34 geography related datasets
>> listed in Kasabi here:
>>
>> http://beta.kasabi.com/browse/datasets/results/og_category%3A147
>
> Leigh,
>
> Can anyone access these datasets or must they obtain a kasabi account en
> route to authenticated access?

As I've said (repeatedly!) there's no authentication around any of
Linked Data. That might be an option for publishers in future, but not
during the beta and not for any of the open datasets which we've
published currently.

API keys are only required for the APIs, e.g. SPARQL, search, etc. The
choice of authentication options will increase in future.

So I encourage you to actually go and have a look. There's a direct
link to the Linked Data views from every homepage.

Here's a pointer to the blog post I wrote and circulated after our
last discussion:

http://blog.kasabi.com/2011/08/12/linked-data-in-kasabi/

Cheers,

L.