Re: Question: Authoritative URIs for Geo locations? Multi-lingual labels?

On 9/9/11 11:08 AM, Leigh Dodds wrote:
> As I've said (repeatedly!) there's no authentication around any of
> Linked Data. That might be an option for publishers in future, but not
> during the beta and not for any of the open datasets which we've
> published currently.
>
> API keys are only required for the APIs, e.g. SPARQL, search, etc. The
> choice of authentication options will increase in future.
>
> So I encourage you to actually go and have a look. There's a direct
> link to the Linked Data views from every homepage.
>
> Here's a pointer to the blog post I wrote and circulated after our
> last discussion:
>
> http://blog.kasabi.com/2011/08/12/linked-data-in-kasabi/
Of course I went there, but I couldn't get at a dump.

http://beta.kasabi.com/dataset/yahoo-geoplanet  is a page without a link to an actual dump. It provides a variety of options for access the data piecemeal. That's the confusing aspect to me re. interpretation of the meaning of a dataset associated with a URL. You have a page about how to access portions of the dataset in question, and depending on your data access choice(s) you may or may not be challenged for authenticated access.

President&  CEO
OpenLink Software
Web: http://www.openlinksw.com
Twitter/Identi.ca: kidehen