Re: Question: Authoritative URIs for Geo locations? Multi-lingual labels?

From: Kingsley Idehen <kidehen@openlinksw.com>
Date: Fri, 09 Sep 2011 11:36:17 -0400
To: public-lod@w3.org
On 9/9/11 11:08 AM, Leigh Dodds wrote:
> As I've said (repeatedly!) there's no authentication around any of
> Linked Data. That might be an option for publishers in future, but not
> during the beta and not for any of the open datasets which we've
> published currently.
> API keys are only required for the APIs, e.g. SPARQL, search, etc. The
> choice of authentication options will increase in future.
> So I encourage you to actually go and have a look. There's a direct
> link to the Linked Data views from every homepage.
> Here's a pointer to the blog post I wrote and circulated after our
> last discussion:
> http://blog.kasabi.com/2011/08/12/linked-data-in-kasabi/
Of course I went there, but I couldn't get at a dump.

http://beta.kasabi.com/dataset/yahoo-geoplanet  is a page without a link to an actual dump. It provides a variety of options for access the data piecemeal. That's the confusing aspect to me re. interpretation of the meaning of a dataset associated with a URL. You have a page about how to access portions of the dataset in question, and depending on your data access choice(s) you may or may not be challenged for authenticated access.

Kingsley Idehen
President&  CEO
OpenLink Software
Web: http://www.openlinksw.com