Re: LOV - Linked Open Vocabularies

On 3/28/11 5:37 PM, Pierre-Yves Vandenbussche wrote:
> Kingsley,
>
> I've just added rdfs:isDefinedBy property to vocabularies which accept
> content negotiation.
> Example here:
> http://labs.mondeca.com/dataset/lov/details/vocabulary_voaf.html

Okay, a few more things though. For instance, what type of Entity is
Identified by this URI:
http://labs.mondeca.com/vocab/voaf#VocabularySpace ?

Effect of entity ambiguity shows here:
http://uriburner.com/describe/?url=http%3A%2F%2Flabs.mondeca.com%2Fvocab%2Fvoaf%23VocabularySpace
.

Also, we have an Entity ID (URI based Named Ref):
http://labs.mondeca.com/dataset/lov/lov#CITY, and we (hopefully most
Linked Data folk) kinda know said Entities representation (in the form
of a linked data graph pictorial) is accessible from the Address (URL):
http://labs.mondeca.com/dataset/lov/lov, but for absolute clarity (human
and machines) you should add a wdrs:describedby relation of the form:

<http://labs.mondeca.com/dataset/lov/lov#CITY> wdrs:describedby
<http://labs.mondeca.com/dataset/lov/lov> .

Good job!

Kingsley

> regards,
>
> Pierre-Yves Vandenbussche
> Research & Development
> Mondeca
> 3, cité Nollez 75018 Paris France
> Tel. +33 (0)1 44 92 35 07 - fax +33 (0)1 44 92 02 59
> Mail: pierre-yves.vandenbussche@mondeca.com
> <mailto:pierre-yves.vandenbussche@mondeca.com>
> Website: www.mondeca.com <http://www.mondeca.com/>
> Blog: Leçons de choses <http://mondeca.wordpress.com/>
>

> On Mon, Mar 28, 2011 at 4:57 PM, Kingsley Idehen
> <kidehen@openlinksw.com <mailto:kidehen@openlinksw.com>> wrote:
>
>     On 3/28/11 10:39 AM, Pierre-Yves Vandenbussche wrote:
>>     Hello all,
>>
>>     We are pleased to announce the Linked Open Vocabularies
>>     initiative [1].
>>
>>     The web of data is based on datasets
>>     publication. When building a dataset some questions arise: which
>>     existing vocabularies will be the best-suited for my needs? To
>>     facilitate this task we propose the Linked Open Vocabularies
>>     (LOV)  dataset [1]. It identifies the defined vocabularies for
>>     data description but also the relationships between these
>>     vocabularies.
>>     The work within the LOV is not exhaustive but, by suggesting us
>>     some vocabulary modifications and/or creations, we could improve
>>     this dataset.
>>     You could access this dataset via an RDF/XML file [2] and via a
>>     SPARQL Endpoint [3].
>>
>>     [1] http://labs.mondeca.com/dataset/lov/index.html
>>     [2] http://labs.mondeca.com/dataset/lov/lov.rdf
>>     [3] http://labs.mondeca.com/endpoint/lov
>>
>>     Pierre-Yves Vandenbussche, Bernard Vatant, Lise Rozat
>>     Research & Development
>>     Mondeca
>>     3, cité Nollez 75018 Paris France
>>     Website: www.mondeca.com <http://www.mondeca.com/>
>>     Lab: Mondeca Labs <http://labs.mondeca.com/>
>>

>     Nice!
>
>     See:
>     http://linkeddata.uriburner.com/describe/?url=http%3A%2F%2Flabs.mondeca.com%2Fdataset%2Flov%2Flov%23LOV
>
>     Would be nice if you also added isDefinedBy relations so that one
>     can FYN between TBox and ABox with ease :-)
>

>     --
>
>     Regards,
>
>     Kingsley Idehen
>     President&  CEO