Re: The truth about SPARQL Endpoint availability

From: Peter DeVries <pete.devries@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Mar 2011 10:36:12 -0600
To: Pierre-Yves Vandenbussche <py.vandenbussche@gmail.com>
Cc: public-lod@w3.org, SW-forum <semantic-web@w3.org>, semanticweb@yahoogroups.com
I think this is great, but I am wondering if there should be some way of
differentiating between the original endpoint and third-party endpoints.

The GeoSpecies/TaxonConcept endpoint is the same, but there are other
third-party endpoints.

I don't understand why the statistics for the GeoSpecies/TaxonConcept
original endpoints are different since they are the same site.

Thanks,

- Pete

On Mon, Feb 28, 2011 at 12:55 PM, Pierre-Yves Vandenbussche <
py.vandenbussche@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> you have already encountered problems of SPARQL endpoint accessibility ?
> you feel frustrated they are never available when you need them?
> you develop an application using these services but wonder if it is
> reliable?
>
> Here is a tool  <http://labs.mondeca.com/sparqlEndpointsStatus/index.html>[1]
> that allows you to know public SPARQL endpoints availability
> and monitor them in the last hours/days.
> Stay informed of a particular (or all) endpoint status changes through RSS
> feeds.
> All availability information generated by this tool is accessible through a SPARQL
> endpoint.
>
> This tool fetches public SPARQL endpoints from CKAN  <http://ckan.net/> open
> data. From this list, it runs tests every hour for availability.
>
> [1] http://labs.mondeca.com/sparqlEndpointsStatus/index.html
> <http://labs.mondeca.com/sparqlEndpointsStatus/index.html>[2]
> http://ckan.net/
>
> Pierre-Yves Vandenbussche.