Re: The truth about SPARQL Endpoint availability

From: Richard Cyganiak <richard@cyganiak.de>
Date: Tue, 1 Mar 2011 00:04:25 +0000
Cc: public-lod@w3.org, SW-forum <semantic-web@w3.org>, semanticweb@yahoogroups.com
To: Pierre-Yves Vandenbussche <py.vandenbussche@gmail.com>
Great work Pierre-Yves!

Good to see that the CKAN directory is useful for something besides drawing pretty cloud pictures ;-)

The logo is genius.

Currently it seems that you get a red light for 75% uptime. 75% uptime sucks, but it is still very different from 0% uptime, which probably means that the site has died completely. So may I propose lowering the threshold between red and yellow a bit?

Or maybe the 0% endpoints should simply be displayed black.

Finally, could you create a CKAN record for your dataset, following [1]? Because then we could use your tool to verify that your tool is up and running.

Again, great work.

Richard

[1] http://www.w3.org/wiki/TaskForces/CommunityProjects/LinkingOpenData/DataSets/CKANmetainformation