Re: Dataset URIs and metadata.

Frans,

Please refer to http://www.w3.org/TR/void/ as this is the official
Note ...

> 1) Is it common practice/recommendable to regard a dataset a
> resource? If it is, then all datasets should have a URI, right?

Yes, all datasets (and sub-sets) should have a URI.

As described in http://www.w3.org/TR/void/#discovery

> 3) If dereferencing a dataset  URI leads to the dataset metadata,
> should there be separate HTML and RDF versions of the metadata? Or
> is it better to have a HTML page with embedded (RDFa) RDF data?

Up to you. If you want to be Linked Data compliant (remember the 3rd
principle ;) than you'll serve *some* structured data from the URI.
RDFa is just as fine as anything else there, really.

You might be interested to learn about the 'bigger' picture via http://linked-data-life-cycles.info

Cheers,
	Michael
--