Re: Is vCard range restriction on org:siteAddress necessary?

On Tue, 2011-01-04 at 11:02 -0500, Tim Berners-Lee wrote:
> I wish the conflation of a VCard and a SocialEntity whose card it is
> were
> either ruled out completely or asserted completely by statements in
> the ontology.

+1

> I personally find that the class of "business card" is one which I do
> not
> want to have any data about.  (In fact for me it maps best
> not to a node in the graph but to the RDF document whose contents is
> the graph.
> Important for provenance in that respect, but not part of this
> ontology).

The use case that I've come across has been bundling sets of contact
mechanisms together.

For example, in local government there can be a main contact point for a
Council (with email, phone, mail address, web form) and then contact
points for out of hours use or for specific services (each potentially
with multiple contact mechanisms).

This grouping-for-a-purpose is different from grouping by organization
or grouping by site (e.g. the council main offices may have both a
normal and an out-of-hours set of contact details).

Dave